Call for Proposals: German-Israeli Water Technology Cooperation
News from Sep 06, 2022
The German-Israeli water technology cooperation enters a new round. With a deadline of 3 November 2022, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) are again inviting researchers from both countries to submit applications for bilateral R&D projects in the field of water technology.
The overall goals of the cooperation are:
- To improve the water situation in Israel and the surrounding area and / or Germany. Transferability of the results to comparable regions should preferably be ensured.
- To facilitate access to new markets for Israeli and German enterprises in the water and environmental sector.
- To support and strengthen bilateral and multilateral cooperation in the water sector as well as cooperation between science and industry.
For the 2022 deadline, applications are sought in the following research areas:
- New approaches for asset management of water infrastructure
- Water reuse and industrial waste water treatment
The joint project proposals of the German and Israeli partners will be selected for funding with the help of external reviews by BMBF and MOST.
The current announcement, which is open until 3 November 2022, and the application form are available on the right hand side of this page and on the MOST website.
Please note: This year, the submission process for Israeli applicants includes two phases:
- Preliminary project outlines must be submitted by the researchers to the relevant official in the Institute's research authority, through the MOST's online system by 27 October 2022.
- The institute must submit the final application no later than 3 November 2022.
For German applicants, the deadline is 3 November 2022.